Shopify is a major platform for businesses wanting to succeed in ecommerce. It enables businesses to build an online store, market to customers, and accept payments across multiple sales channels.
Since competition is tough, having a great online store is crucial for success. Good news for those in the UK: there's a thriving network of agencies that specialise in making user-friendly and attractive online stores on Shopify.
We've put together a list (in no particular order) of the top Shopify agencies in the UK to help you out. Let's dive right in! 👇
The best Shopify agencies in the UK in 2024
- Blend Commerce
- By Association Only
- Juno Ecommerce
- Blue Bee
- Quickfire Digital
1. Charle Agency
Charle is on a mission to change the way businesses sell directly to consumers. The agency focuses on combining modern and stylish design with advanced technology. Charle is recognised as a premier Shopify collaborator.
The company forms strong relationships with ambitious brands, helping them create unique online stores. Charle offers a range of services designed to meet the specific needs of a wide variety of businesses, from small startups to large global companies.
Brands like Billionaire Boys Club, Au Départ, Candy Kittens, Doisy & Dam, Planera, XITE Energy, and many more have partnered up with Charle.
Key services Charle Agency
- Designing and launching new Shopify stores
- Migrating existing stores to Shopify
- Developing headless ecommerce solutions
- Upgrading to Shopify Plus
- Providing technical support for Shopify stores
- Optimising Shopify stores for higher conversion rates
- Assisting with international expansion of Shopify stores
- Implementing subscription services in Shopify
- Email and SMS marketing services
- Shopify app development
- Ecommerce SEO
- Shopify B2B and wholesale solutions
AYKO is a leading ecommerce agency in the UK. They are proud of being one of the largest independent agencies with certifications from major players like Google, Shopify Plus and Adobe Gold.
The team is specialised in crafting and maintaining innovative online shopping solutions. Their work consists of aligning operations processes, developing online storefronts, executing marketing campaigns and optimising the customer journey.
With a focus on creating seamless digital experiences, AYKO collaborates with diverse clients. Mercedes Southwest, Wynnstay, Gjohns, Buster & Punch, TJ Hughes and many more brands are part of their portfolio.
Key services AYKO
- Shopify Plus development for enhanced ecommerce capabilities
- Advanced Shopify solutions for more complex needs
- Personalisation services to tailor the shopping experience
- Migrating existing ecommerce platforms to Shopify
- Providing ongoing support and maintenance for Shopify stores
- Development of custom Shopify apps for specific requirements
Velstar is a digital agency focused on creating ecommerce solutions using Shopify Plus. Originally, they began in 2016 as a development agency. As their clients' needs grew, Velstar expanded by acquiring a digital marketing agency that specialises in excellent ecommerce strategies.
Nowadays the agency offers a full range of services including design, development, and growth marketing. The agency focuses on creating high-quality Shopify and Shopify Plus websites, with a commitment to building unique sites and marketing strategies tailored to each client's needs.
Velstar emphasises close client collaboration. They serve many clients like Kelly Loves, French Connection, Supplement Needs, Cosatto, Brampton Chase, Personalised Co and more.
Key services Velstar
- Design and development of Shopify and Shopify Plus stores
- Digital marketing strategies tailored for ecommerce growth
- Technical SEO optimisation for improved online visibility
- Custom app development for unique business needs
- Ongoing support and maintenance for Shopify stores
- Conversion rate optimisation to enhance online sales
4. Blend Commerce
Blend Commerce is a digital agency that focuses on Shopify and Shopify Plus ecommerce development and marketing. They specialise in enhancing the customer experience and increasing Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) through various strategies and tools.
Blend Commerce works on customer value optimisation, store redesign, and custom development to boost sales and customer engagement.
With their core values of communication, teamwork and excellence the team at Blend wants to make a difference for online retailers to reach sales goals and improve ecommerce performance.
Blend Commerce serves a diverse range of clients including, but not limited to, those in the beauty, health, home appliance, and gadget sectors. They have successfully partnered with companies like Droplette, PerTronix, Aquarium Co-Op, and others
Key services Blend
- Enhancing website performance for better conversion
- Maximising customer retention and value
- Developing and managing email marketing campaigns with Klaviyo
- Providing expert advice and consultancy for online retail success
Vervaunt is an ecommerce consultancy and marketing agency that helps online stores and brands grow their business. They specialise in making online advertising more effective and improving how online shops work.
Their core focus is making sure that the money spent on online ads leads to more sales and customers. Very convenient, isn’t it?
They work with big brands from around the world, offering services like managing online ads and giving advice on how to do better in eCommerce.
Some of the brands they work with are Stüssy, The Frankie Shop, GANNI, Dr. Martens, Osprey and more.
Key services Vervaunt
- Developing online marketing strategies
- Conducting audits for ecommerce systems
- Providing technical support for online store platforms
- Enhancing the effectiveness of paid online advertising
- Managing paid search campaigns
- Offering advice and consultancy on ecommerce practices
- Assisting with scaling up performance marketing channels
6. By Association Only
By Association Only set foot in the market in 2010 already. The agency focuses on designing high-impact Shopify experiences for online merchants. They call themselves the Shopify Plus agency for the world’s most design-conscious luxury brands.
With a full team they are offering multiple services. You can think of design creativity, strategy, performance optimisation, and technical expertise. This can be done via an isolated design project but also full-size Shopify Plus development projects.
Portfolio By Association Only
BAO has gained recognition for their work, serving an international client base. Most of their clients are active in premium sectors like luxury, fashion, lifestyle and cosmetics. Self-Portrait, Astrid & Miya, Joseph Joseph, Bremont, Sunspel and more partnered up with By Association Only to take their online presence to the next level.
Key services By Association Only
- Creating user-friendly and visually appealing UI/UX designs for online stores
- Building robust and scalable ecommerce websites
- Assisting businesses in transitioning their online presence to Shopify
- Moving data seamlessly to Shopify platforms
- Providing strategic guidance for ecommerce success
- Enhancing the effectiveness (CRO) of the website to boost sales
- Optimising online stores for better visibility in search engines (SEO)
Fostr is part of the IDHL Group. The agency is renowned for being a Shopify Plus Agency with clients all over the world. Their key focus is on the luxury, fashion and beauty sectors.
The team is aiding established brands in expanding their direct-to-consumer (D2C) channels. The agency helps brands to build eye-pleasing and efficient ecommerce solutions, thanks to customer-centric designs and deep platform knowledge.
Fostr highlights many notable clients such as LVMH, Dermalogica, Victoria Beckham, Gwen Stefani's GXVE Beauty, and Gymshark, and many more.
Key services Fostr
- Providing ecommerce growth strategy services for new and established brands
- Designing and building Shopify Plus websites that utilise best practices and maximise Shopify's features
- Developing private apps and integrating Shopify with various systems
- Migrating existing stores to Shopify Plus for a scalable, cloud-based solution
- Offering client success programs, focusing on improving store performance and customer journey optimisation
- Assisting established brands in developing new D2C channels
8. Juno Ecommerce
You must have heard of Juno Ecommerce by now. The award-winning ecommerce agency has been known for its expertise in Shopify Plus since 2006. The agency focuses on insight-driven, design-centric solutions, helping brands worldwide to build bespoke websites.
Juno's services range from UI/UX design, web development, and ecommerce strategy to paid media marketing and ongoing support. They pride themselves on offering tailored, profitable e-commerce solutions. The team at Juno is dedicated to building long-term, trust-based relationships with their clients.
Juno has helped hundreds of brands like ICONIC London, Herman Miller, BABYZEN, Montane and more.
Key services Juno
- Web development for high-performance, feature-rich websites
- Ongoing support for websites, including technical and maintenance assistance
- Replatforming to Shopify Plus
- Comprehensive UX/UI design services
- Advanced web design, combining aesthetics and functionality for impactful online presence.
- Marketing support, including Pay-Per-Click advertising and strategy development
Underwaterpistol is a digital agency specialising in Shopify Plus ecommerce solutions. With over two decades of experience, they have a strong focus on innovative digital growth for ecommerce brands.
Their services include Shopify Plus design, development, and enhancement, as well as optimisation to maximise online potential. They are known for creating unique digital experiences, emphasising seamless user experiences (UX) and conversion rate optimisation (CRO).
Underwaterpistol caters to a wide range of clients, helping them to compete effectively in the digital marketplace. These include – but aren’t limited to – Emma and Alex Watson’s Renais, The Couture Club, Arighi Bianchi, Roseland, Jaded London and more.
Key services Underwaterpistol
- Focusing on creating and enhancing Shopify Plus stores
- Offering comprehensive strategies for online retail success
- Improving website conversion for better sales performance
- Enhancing user experience and interface for engaging websites
- Developing unique brand identities and creative content
- Optimising sites for search engines and digital marketing
- Implementing and managing subscription models for ecommerce
10. Blue Bee
Blue Bee specialises in Shopify ecommerce web design and development. They focus on crafting adaptable online shop solutions for all sizes of businesses.
Known for their user-friendly designs, Blue Bee's Shopify sites are easy to manage, mobile-friendly, and scalable.
Their services include setting up features like live chat plugins, automatic shipping calculators, and SEO tools. They also offer training in Shopify CMS and setup performance tracking via Google Analytics.
Portfolio Blue Bee
Blue Bee has served many companies from start-ups and established companies to community organisations. Some of the brands within their portfolio include Good Food Wines, Shedfield Equestrian, Craftwood, Salisbury Racecourse, Eco Pond and many more.
Key services Blue Bee
- Creating mobile-friendly and scalable online stores
- Setting up Shopify features like live chat, shipping calculators, and SEO tools
- Providing training in Shopify CMS usage
- Implementing Google Analytics for business performance tracking
11. Quickfire Digital
Quickfire Digital specialises in creating ecommerce stores, particularly for Shopify and Shopify Plus platforms. They are dedicated to enhancing the commercial potential of these platforms for businesses ranging from startups to established heritage brands. Oh, and they’re also a European Ecommerce Agency of the Year winner.
Quickfire Digital uses proprietary tools and processes to maximise the effectiveness of their clients' online presence.
They focus not just on increasing traffic but also on improving website performance and technology integration. Their approach is tailored to help scale-hungry brands evolve digitally.
Portfolio Quickfire Digital
Some of the most noticeable Shopify and Shopify Plus ecommerce clients in Quickfire Digital’s portfolio are businesses like FILA, Beavertown, Hunter Boots, Juni Cosmetics and Blakely. Go check out their websites, some of them just ooze class and perform exceptionally well.
Key services Quickfire Digital
- Ecommerce development, particularly for Shopify and Shopify Plus
- WordPress website development for custom web solutions
- Building online stores designed to convert visitors into customers
- Implementing digital strategies for business growth and scalability
Dewsign is a digital design agency founded in 1999 already. They focus on digital solutions and have experience in various trends and technologies. They specialise in business transformation, delivering multilingual campaigns and bespoke software applications across web, mobile, and social channels.
Dewsign is not tied to a single platform but rather focuses on long-term relationships with clients. Their core technologies include Shopify, Laravel and WordPress.
Dewsign serves a diverse range of clients, including global brands, startups, educational institutions, charities, and SMEs. Their portfolio showcases bespoke ecommerce solutions, but also branding and digital strategy.
Brands like Pashley Cycles, Rapscallion Soda, Willow & Stone, Fallen & Felled and Trebah Garden and more have teamed up with Dewsign.
Key services Dewsign
- Analysis, strategy, and design
- Ecommerce, app and website development
- Ongoing measurement and optimisation
- Consultancy, data analysis, business development
- Brand and digital strategy
- Brand identity, campaign design, UX and UI design
- Prototyping, and product development
- Digital marketing and asset creation
Radiant is a Shopify Plus agency specialising in building and growing online stores for luxury brands. They are known for their expertise in scaling brands on Shopify, with a team that boasts decades of combined experience.
Headquartered in Birmingham but operating globally, Radiant offers a blend of technical and creative skills, ensuring their clients' ecommerce goals are met with proficiency.
Their focus is on providing high-quality, customised Shopify Plus services that cater to the unique needs of each client.
As far as Radiant’s Shopify store portfolio is concerned, you’ll be glad to know that it doesn’t disappoint. With brands like Tropic Skincare, BOL Foods and Godiva Chocolate as part of their clientele, Radiant has proven they should be part of our list.
Key services RadiantBuilding and enhancing Shopify stores.
- Crafting visually appealing and functional websites
- Offering advanced, flexible Shopify setups
- Creating unique themes for Shopify stores
- Providing expert advice for online retail success
PAASE is a dedicated email marketing agency. The agency specialises in marketing automation focusing on email and SMS strategies. They aid clients in boosting revenue through data-driven methods.
Their services include strategy development to execution, optimising current technologies, integrating new platforms, and offering continual improvement.
They target mid-market direct-to-consumer brands and ambitious entities seeking growth, utilising platforms like Klaviyo, Mapp, and DotDigital.
PAASE serves a large portfolio of brands in sectors like beauty, fashion & accessories, homewares, pet food, health, food & drink and more. Some of the brands they’ve worked with are Otiumberg, Globe Trotter, Dr. Sam’s, Dr. Martens, Poppin Candy, Character.com, Wild Nutrition and more.
Key services PAASE
- Strategy development and deployment for email marketing and SMS
- Utilising existing technology effectively and integrating new platforms
- Providing insights, testing, and ongoing optimization for marketing campaigns
- Building customer journeys that enhance revenue and retention
Frooition might not be as familiar as some of the other agencies in this list. But you shouldn’t miss out on this one. Frooition offers a professional ecommerce design service specialising in creating custom websites.
They are known for developing responsive and dynamic ecommerce solutions. They offer custom design services not only for Shopify stores, but also have expertise in eBay, Amazon, and Bigcommerce storefronts.
The team at Frooition is dedicated to enhancing brand presence and improving sales performance across multiple online platforms.
Frooition's Shopify design portfolio showcases a variety of custom store designs for different brands. They’ve designed Shopify stores for brands such as Brown and Ginger, Eighteen, John B Outdoors, Students Computers and more.
Key services Frooition
- Custom ecommerce website design and development
- Specialised eBay store and template design
- Amazon storefront design services
- Shopify store customisation and design
- Providing responsive and dynamic design solutions for various online retail platforms
Is hiring a Shopify agency worth it?
With fierce competition, you need to deliver amazing experiences to make sure customers keep coming back.
When growing your store and going to the next level is on your agency. Then hiring a leading Shopify agency is essential. An agency can assist with scaling your business with targeting marketing strategies. But you can also think of them for crafting completely new stores tailored to your ambitions.
Quality does come at a price. So although the agencies aren’t the cheapest option, their expertise is definitely worth it. Especially because they can make every penny count in areas like social media, paid advertising, web development and influencer marketing.
Grow your Shopify store and increase ROI
We hope this list provides you with all the insights to evaluate what agency fits your needs. Next to agencies, there are plenty of Shopify apps available to help you grow your ecommerce business.
Building relationships with your clients is an effective way to boost your ROI. ShopPop enables you to engage with your customers on channels they actually use.
Use and inform your clients with relevant updates they want to receive and transform WhatsApp, SMS and Messenger into your most profitable sales channels. Check out our Shopify app and see it for yourself.
P.S. Did we miss any UK agencies on this list? Get in touch and let us know by sending a message to email@example.com.